Thursday, February 26, 2009

my shoe is all broken

finally in china! leaving the bus at shenzhen we assemble outside the train station leading the group up the escalator my shoe is suddenly yanked off my foot and jams into the track people behind me panic the procession is stopped suddenly chinese officials try to remove my hapless shoe as they stare at my feet one shoe on and one sock. they begin to yell back and forth no one seems to know where the shutoff button is all their efforts are in vain as they begin to stare at me. leaving my mark on china––in desperation I abandon the green and white reebok. my broken shoe has taught everyone today riding on the escalator watch you step and mind the exit gap. Oct 4, 1996 Shenzhen, P.R.C.

1 comment:

Uku said...

Hahhaa, that was one the best I've read for a while! Thank you very much for posting that, Dharmabro! Truly wonderful!